[Kamailio-Users] Redundancy and fault-tolerance

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Mar 3 11:26:02 CET 2009

Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Alex Balashov writes:
>
>  > That is not inherently part of Heartbeat, but it would be trivial to
>  > script using the OCF functionality Inaki mentioned.
>
> looks like that is exactly what i have done, i.e., instead using
> heartbeat (where two hosts monitor each other), i use a script that
> monitors the sip proxy by sip means from the network and switches the
> service to another host in case of failure.
>
> drbd can be used to keep the db files up to date between the hosts
> instead of mysql cluster, which i don't like at all.  so as i wrote
> earlier: dbbd is ok, but linux ha even in v2 is still not good for
> this job.

MySQL replication can potentially be a lighter-weight solution to the
NBD ("cluster") layer, but that too isn't particularly seamless.

I would have to disagree with your assessment about Linux-HA, but it
really depends on the precise nature of the expectation and requirement.
  Nevertheless, we have deployed many OpenSER/Kamailio systems in
high-volume production environments and it has proven adequate for such
purposes.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems