[Kamailio-Users] Problem with sip uri in contact field

Geir O. Jensen geir.o.jensen at uninett.no
Mon Mar 2 13:46:19 CET 2009

Hi, we have a problem with OpenSER not relaying ACKs.

The problem arises because we have a connection to a PBX that sends SIP
uri's like this;

Contact: sip:192.168.1.1

So for instance when we get a
SIP/2.0 200 OK
(...)
Contact: sip:192.168.1.1

OpenSER relays this to the client (SIP phone) which tries to respond

ACK sip:192.168.1.1 SIP/2.0
(...)

This causes my $ru to be sip:domain.net whereas normally it would be
sip:user at domain.net.

And for somereason t_relay simply fails... I've done tcpdump on the server,
and what it does is try to look for NAPTR/SRV to DNS name (domain.net) which
resolves to itself.

Not sure why it would do that, as the PBX sends a different IP address than
that of the OpenSER server.

Any ideas?

Anyone experienced anything similar?

(Running on Ubuntu with OpenSER 1.3.0-tls)

Thanks in advance,
//gojensen