[Kamailio-Users] [REQ, $] db_rest (or db_http) module for database access

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jun 23 10:52:05 CEST 2009

Konstantin Cherkasov wrote:
> Hello, Alex!
>
>> Wouldn't it be simpler to write your own middleware daemon / service
>> that plumbs the manager interface (FIFO or UDP datagram) to a REST
>> service exposure in an embedded or peripheral HTTP server, instead of
>> hooking this straight into the Kamailio core?
>
> It would provide access to database (internal database API) not management API.
> I want alias_db, auth_db, domain, group, usrloc etc. to work directly with HTTP/REST layer.

Why not just provide an HTTP/REST interface to the database, then?

Perhaps I am missing something about what you are trying to accomplish,
but it is not entirely clear to me why it is necessary to have an
HTTP/REST layer that specifically utilises the database API in the exact
manner it itself is in turn utilised by those modules, as opposed to
some other manner.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems