[Kamailio-Users] [sr-dev] [OT] SIP ALG Detector released

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Sun Jun 14 23:20:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am 14.06.2009 2:17 Uhr, schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
> Hi, as part of my personal battle against SIP ALG routers, I've created an
> utility to detect such routers:
>
>    http://dev.sipdoc.net/wiki/sip-stuff/SIP-ALG-Detector
>
> It has two parts: client and server:
>
> Basically, the client node running into the LAN sends an INVITE to the server
> node (running in a host with public IP).
> The request could be modified by the LAN router if SIP ALG is enabled.
> The server encodes the received request in Base64 and appends it to the SIP
> response.
> The client receives the response, decodes the body and gets the request as it
> arrived to the server.
> Then it creates a diff between the original request and the the request the
> server node received. These differences are displayed in the screen.
>
> Both, UDP and TCP, tests are performed.
>

> The client node is coded in Ruby and should work in any operating system (if
> Ruby is installed).
>
> The server node is also coded in Ruby.
>

> For those interested in try it, I have a server node running in my personal
> server:
>    87.98.230.161:5060
> You can test the client against my server.

nice idea. Could be handy for techies.
Even though I did not tried it yet I'm wondering why you/we need a
special server for this?
Wouldn't a sip-router module with this function an even better solution?
Then every sip-router out there could offer this "service" under some
special username.

Greetings
   Nils