[Kamailio-Users] Pass a variable to config script

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 17 13:02:01 CEST 2009

On Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009, sasirekha jaganathan wrote:
> Hi,
>   I need to pass a variable from kamailio code base to the configuration
> script. Can I add a new parameter to the existing pre script callbacks? Is
> there any other method to achieve the same?

Hi Sasirekha,

you can just use an AVP (or basically a pseudo-variable) that you set in the
code and then read in the configuration. This is a common practise, many
modules do this. There is no need to change a callback, if you don't need to
do something special. Perhaps you tell us a bit more what you want to achive?

Henning