[Kamailio-Users] AVP / Odd Error

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jun 16 17:03:12 CEST 2009

On Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, Brandon Armstead wrote:
> I'm adding a single avp test i.e. $avp(s:some-avp-name) = 'foo!'; to a
> development configuration running Kamailio revision: 5487 (1.4.3).  When I
> start kamailio I'm getting the following error:

Hi Brandon,

> CRITICAL:core:init_io_wait: could not alloc epoll array

I'd guess this is related to the EPOLL support that is used to efficiently get
notified when something on the file descriptor arrives, so basically its
necessary for TCP support.

> As soon as I delete this AVP addition and start her back up, she starts.
>

> Code Snippet (io_wait.c)
>
> 606 #ifdef HAVE_EPOLL
> [..]
> 620 #endif
>
> I do not know enough of Kamailio CORE but it looks like something to do
> with memory allocation / file descriptors?  I've increased available memory
> to kamailio as well as open file limits / file descriptors etc -- to no
> avail, any help is much appreciated thanks guys!

This is really strange, i really could not imagine how an AVP operation like
this could be related to the TCP core infrastructure. Do you notice some other
(earlier) errors in the logs? Perhaps its just something that its generated
because its stop from an earlier error?

Henning