[Kamailio-Users] bidirectionnal chat and presence sharing between a SIP and a jabber user

Eric PTAK eric.ptak.fr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 11:00:27 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be late, I didn't open that mailbox since  a long time...

To clarify the situation, YES, purple has been designed to allow
bidirectionnal IM between an MSN and a SIP client.
About the purplemap :
* Purple connects to the MSN network with the MSN account of the SIP user to
talk to the MSN user. So purple need to know MSN login and password of the
SIP user. That purple entry will allways be mandatory.
* The SIP user must use a SIPURI to contact a friend, even to chat with
a MSN one. So you need to add an entry to map an MSNURI to an abritrary/fake
SIPURI. This point can be changed by using SIPURI like XMPP modules does.
eg, sip:user*msn.com at sip2msn.mydomain.com.

About presence sharing :
purple also allow a bidirectionnal presence sharing, but without
authorisation support. So both user must already have each other in their
external (msn) buddy list.
I may add precisions in the documentation...
And again, sorry to be late.

Regards,
Eric.