[Kamailio-Users] Problem with PRACK

Uriel Rozenbaum uriel.rozenbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:56:44 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm facing an awkward issue with a Kamailio (1.4.3-notls (i386/linux))
regarding PRACK messages.

I'm migrating an old OpenSER (1.2.2-notls (i386/linux)) to this new Kamailio
that is connected to some customer GWs. The GWs we use are Huawei AR2810 and
Cisco AS5350.

Both GWs support 100rel and for some signalling they send PRACK messages
that are forwarded by OpenSER but consumed by Kamailio.
What I was able to troubleshoot shown that Kamailio is not recognizing the
lr=on on the header. I tested for PRACK messages within the following
segment:

# subsequent messages within a dialog should take the
# path determined by record-routing

if (is_method("PRACK"))
{
    xlog("L_ERR", "PRACK: Outside LR...\n");
};
if (loose_route())
{
    if (is_method("PRACK"))
    {
    xlog("L_ERR", "PRACK: Inside LR...\n");
    };
    # mark routing logic in request
    append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
    route(1);
};

Did anyone have a similar issue with this version of Kamailio?

I captured the signalling for both proxies to confirm, I can attach it if
needed.