[Kamailio-Users] Keep-alive implementation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:28:46 CEST 2009

On 06/11/2009 02:18 PM, kokoska rokoska wrote:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo napsal(a):
>
>> El Jueves, 11 de Junio de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
>>
>>> I haven't tried with tcp,
>>> another option that should be tried with those algs.
>>>
>> I've seen some Cisco routers doing ALG for SIP TCP (port 5060 or whatever port
>> you configure in the Cisci for it). :(
>>

> Yes, at least CISCO ASA and CISCO PIX...

these are super master ALGs :-) ...

usually these are the steps I try when facing algs:
- if no option to disable alg in router, set a second port in kamailio
- if above fails and phone can do tcp, try it
- if above fails and phone can do tls, try it
- if above fails drop the alg router :-), use it as press-papier, buy a
cheaper one that didn't waste resources for such crap

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/