[Kamailio-Users] db_mysql errors doing presence activity

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jun 4 12:37:16 CEST 2009

El Jueves, 4 de Junio de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:

> > There have been some issues since OpenSer in some presence modules
> > related to DB errors like te above.
>
> I am running Kamailio presence server in 4 production places and I
> haven't spotted anyone so far. It might be a particular case, but if
> something is reported then it will be fixed.
>
> Note that the db api is different in the two projects now and code
> diverged, so patches from one to the other might not work

Yes, it could be. However in OpenSIPS there were some bugs related to presence
and DB access but these bugs also existed in OpenSer.

> > In OpenSIPS most of them have been fixed (it doesn't occur to me from the
> > last bug fix), but I think these errors still exist in Kamailio.
>
> Why do you think that? Have you used kamailio and got these ones?

I've tryed both. Some time ago I discovered the same DB related bugs in
Kamailio and OpenSIPS presence (and family) modules. For a project I used
OpenSIPS as presence server so I gave it more testing and reported more bugs.

Of course, I must get some spare time to compile all those bugs and re-check
them in kamailio (and report the bug or try to fix). I will do it, hope soon
:)

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>