[Kamailio-Users] log_facility usage with accounting module

Örn Arnarson orn at arnarson.net
Wed Jun 3 17:05:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get all billing information from the acc module logged
to a file as opposed to a database.
It seems to me that the way to do that is via syslog (although I'd
much prefer just logging directly to a file).

So, to do this, i added a LOCAL6 facility in /etc/syslog.conf, and
added the following line to kamailio.cfg:
modparam("acc", "log_facility", "LOG_LOCAL6")

The general log_facility of kamailio is LOG_LOCAL7:
log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7

These are the only two mentions of LOG_LOCAL6 and LOG_LOCAL7 in the
whole configuration file. However, I get _all_ the information in both
files (that is, if I have debug set to a specific level, my accounting
log also gets flooded with these debug messages).

Why is this? The config line specifies LOG_LOCAL6 to be a log for the
accounting module...

Furthermore, I want all INVITES to be logged, regardless of an ACK or
CANCEL, but only invites where an ACC is received are logged. If I
enable log cancel, I see the CANCEL messages, but not the INVITES,
which is rather nonsensical.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Örn