[Serusers] IPTel web pages still relevant?

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Jul 30 23:54:00 CEST 2009

Jiri Kuthan wrote:
> SIP wrote:
>> A brief look at the IPTel pages show pretty much nothing but comment
>> spam for pages and pages. Does anyone even bother to maintain the pages
>> anymore?
>
> actually I do bother (as some other too).

Seriously? 'Cause it's spam central over there. You're propagating more
Google Bombs than any forum or blog I've ever SEEN. It dates back months
and months full of spam comments with links posted in them. To me, it
just looked like no one was paying attention. Hence the question.

>> I'm looking for more relevant documentation to SER 2.0 (or even the SIP
>> Router project). The docs in the doc subtree of the source for both of
>> these projects is outdated and no longer valid with respect to any
>> information stored in the database.
>>
>> It still references subscriber tables and the like. All 0.9.X format DB
>> data.
>>
>> Is there an update somewhere?
>
> is http://www.iptel.org/ser/development/documentation so hard to find?

Hard to find? No. Intuitive? Absolutely not. When I see SER Development,
I think stuff to do with actually developing the SER project itself, not
basic user documentation.

And there's a big doc subfolder in both the ser 2.0 and new SER/Kamailio
code trees full of outdated ser 0.9.X documentation that's no longer in
the least bit relevant. Again, hence my question.

> the db-structure doc refers to 2.x
>
> sip-router stuff is under sip-router. Jan may share more on his plans for
> the site (cc).
>
> -jiri

Thanks for the pointer. This will help a lot. I'm still trying to piece
together things like what format the did entry in the table is supposed
to be.... and what a uid should look like as far as SER is concerned,
etc, etc. This will go a long way.

N.