[SR-Users] force_rtp_proxy() vis-a-vis BYE

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 7 12:41:57 CEST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> On 07/07/2009 12:14 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>>
>> According to the Kamailio 1.5.x docs, force_rtp_proxy() is deprecated
>> and rtpproxy_offer() and rtpproxy_answer() should be used instead.
>>
>> Does that mean unforce_rtp_proxy() is also deprecated?
>
> seems this one is not deprecated. I am still using the old style, I am
> going to look at the code for more insights.
>
>  From docs, rtpproxy_offer() and rtpproxy_answer() are  like aliases to
> force_rtp_proxy(), having a more meaningful naming.

I appreciate your efforts to find out, thank you.

My main concern, aside from whether to use unforce_rtp_proxy(), is to
know what is the orthodox way to manipulate rtpproxy in response to
CANCELs (at early dialog state as well as not) and BYEs.  Also, per RFC
3261 an SDP answer may also come in an ACK, so I guess that needs to be
handled too.

Just wondering if there is some reference implementation or boilerplate
code that covers all the scenarios.

Thank you!

--
Alex Balashov