[Kamailio-Users] no inbound sound even with RTPproxy

Joao Gomes Pereira gomespereira at startel.pt
Mon Jul 27 15:45:22 CEST 2009

Hello
I have Kamailio with Nathelper and RTPproxy running this way:
 rtpproxy -l xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -u mysql  -s udp:localhost:7722

I think RTPproxy is working fine with NAThelper, because Kamailio logs say:
"RTPproxy found - support enabled"

X-Lite and SNOM phones behind NAT work fine.
But when I try to connect with an Asterisk behind NAT, the sound doesnt
pass through the Asterisk client (the Asterisk client doesn't receive
sound).
I already tried in 2 different NATs, with no firewalls.
Kamailio logs show no errors.

This is my Asterisk config:

[kamailio]
type=peer
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
allow=g726
qualify=1000
username=my_username
fromuser=my_username
secret=password

sip*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
kamailio/my_username           xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx               5060     OK
(890 ms)

Im not sure if the problem is in Kamailio or Asterisk config.
How can I be sure?
How can I debug the RTP stream in Kamailio and RTPproxy?
Thanks
Regards
Joao Pereira

--