[Kamailio-Users] How should I change Calling Party Number for a call?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:29:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 07/06/2009 09:25 PM, Uriel Rozenbaum wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I was wondering how can I implement a proxy with Kamailio that can
> manage privacy and normalization of the calling party.
>
> In an INVITE message I can get the calling party name (or number) in
> several places:
> 1. From Header
> 2. Remote-Party ID
> 3. P-Asserted-Identity
> 4. P-Preferred-Identity
>
> How should I act in order to normalize or block the Calling Party to
> be passed to subsequent hops?
>
> AFAIK I can change the From Header as long as the tag isn't modified.
> Is this really true?
according to dialog matching in RFC3261, this should be ok, but
somewhere is a mention about backward compatibility with rfc2453, where
the from should not be changed.

However, if you have only rfc3261 endpoints, then you are safe to change
the From, if not, try uac module, as it does automatic replacement and
recovery.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/