[Kamailio-Users] code frozen for 1.5.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:04:46 CET 2009

Hello,

starting with today, the release cycle for Kamailio (OpenSER) v1.5.0
enters in testing phase. Like in the past, this mean no new features
will be added for a while, the focus is on testing, bug fixes and
documentation improvements.

I can say, being here from day one, this upcoming release had a shorter
development period, but it is the one with the largest new features set.
See a summary here:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/features:new-in-1.5.x

A special care was given to code cleanup and core. The core got slimmer
- lot of config-related features were moved to modules, therefore now it
is less exposed to bugs and more performant.

 From the project's environment:
- we got three new developers
- a brand new web management interface - http://siremis.asipto.com
- next week will be a meeting in Brussels, at Fosdem with many
developers showing up there:
http://www.kamailio.org/mos/view/News/NewsItem/FOSDEM-2009---Social-Networking-Event/

Worth to mention that this is the last release based on current core,
next ones will use the SIP-Router.org core framework:
http://sip-router.org, that will make possible to combine all the
features from Kamailio (OpenSER), SIP Express Router (SER) and
OpenIMSCore projects in a single application, in a collaboration
environment sustained by the developers from all three projects.

First I want to thank to all developers for the work and time dedicated
to develop version 1.5.0 and to our community members for valuable
feedback and testing.

That being said, I invite everyone to test and report any issue found.
To get the source code from SVN use:

svn co https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/trunk kamailio

Please report to devel at lists.kamailio.org or project's tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=139143