[Kamailio-Users] No UDP Address already in use?

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:04:31 CET 2009

Hello,
If I start a second instance of kamailio by mistake, if the cfg file
instructs it to listen to tcp ports, the second instance will exit with
something like this:
tcp_init: bind(7, 0x81b28ec, 16) on 127.0.0.1:5060 : Address already in use

But if the cfg file only instructs kamailio to bind to udp ports, the second
instance will not exit. Is this a bug?

I'm curious because if we start kamailio and a udp port is in use by another
application (not kamailio), kamailio will exit with
udp_init: bind(4, 0x819f274, 16) on 192.168.88.29: Address already in use
Why is that so?

regards,
mayama