[Kamailio-Users] SIP Digest Access Authentication RELAY survey

Victor Pascual Ávila victor.pascual.avila at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:49:18 CET 2009

Hi,
excuse me if this message is not directly related to Kamailio.

I'm just wondering if folks could share with me if (and how) they have
prevented the "SIP Digest Access Authentication RELAY" in their
networks (and what worked for them or not).
NAT boxes reduce dramatically the scenarios for a successful attack.
Otherwise, some might be mitigating the attack by means of forcing UAs
to use outbound proxies while others might be reducing the attack
incentives by means of message integrity.

Any comment would be appreciated,
--
Victor Pascual Ávila