[Kamailio-Users] dial the prefix #31# to mask the number

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jan 12 21:49:31 CET 2009

El Lunes, 12 de Enero de 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escribió:
> By some reason, the '#' is used a lot in telecom/mobile operators dialed
> extensions (e.g., charging credit on mobile phone),

Well, IMHO the reason is that key '#' appears in all the phones :)

> not sure why is not allowed in SIP.

I assume this is due to inheritance from common URI syntax (an username in a
mail URI doesn't allow it also).

> That is the reason kamailio (openser) does accept '#' in the username.
> If you want to be strict compliant to SIP-RFC then you have to use the
> transformations. Not sure what would be the best to make default for the
> future ....

I think it's ok to allow it, but it would be nice if Kamailio would
decode "%23" as "#" directly, without the need of using transformations. In
this way, if a strict compliant phone encodes "#" as "%23" in the RURI it
would be automatically detected by Kamailio as a "#" symbol.

Could it be feasible? Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo