[Kamailio-Users] stun/outbound draft...

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Thu Jan 8 20:01:08 CET 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Jiri Kuthan wrote:

> I respectfully disagree -- the field has clearly shown that working NAT
> traversal today is more valuable than message integrity and ICE
> architecture both together. (Whcih happens to be my personal preference
> too: getting over NATs today is more important to me than any sort of
> securing free phone calls.) Generally I tend to prefer priorities as
> articulated by live deployments.

I think we both agree on where we want to go.

The difference is probably that current way SIP is used might be enough
for you, but as a 10 years SIP endpoint stack builder, I'm just bored
about using SIP over non transparent network. Not your fault...

> I'm sorry to be so differently opinionated on this, particularly because
> I like ICE esthetically as the "e2e" solution. However, somehow in the
> Internet the things that are deployable today always matter. (even if
> considered evil, such as NATs)

Don't be sorry.
My intention for this thread was just to ask ser/kamailio/whatever to
make sure the future will not be the same as the 10 past years. My
intention was not to say "you are all wrong".

Aymeric