[Kamailio-Users] Owner of rtpproxy.sock

Franz Edler franz.edler at inode.at
Mon Jan 5 05:43:12 CET 2009

Hi Iñaki,

> It's really strange. In my case if I run as root your command I get a
> socket with "sip" owner. ¿?
> Did the socket already exist? If so, remove it before start RtpProxy.

This I did several times, but it's always the same.

Further info:
- I start rtpproxy at startup via /etc/rc.local. This are the commands in
rc.local:
	/usr/local/bin/my_stun -P /home/sip/my_stun.pid -u sip -D
	/usr/local/bin/rtpproxy -s unix:/var/run/rtpproxy.sock -u sip
	chmod go+rw /var/run/rtpproxy.sock
	/usr/local/sbin/kamctl start

The "chmod" command is my workaround for now.

This is the way I created the user sip:
	adduser --disabled-password --disabled-login sip

Any idea?

Regards
Franz