[Kamailio-Users] [Sip-implementors] Secure VoIP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Feb 27 10:59:08 CET 2009

>> We have at least two cases now where an update to the RFC added
>> important MUSTs:
>>
>> - Tel uri - phone-context is now required, which affects all SIP
>> devices using SIP uri with user=phone
>>    regardless if they use a Tel: URI.

Sincerelly I can't understand the usage/requeriment of "user"
parameter. How would detect a phone if the dialed number is a PSTN
number or an extension? For example:
- 1004 is a short number in Spain (Telefonica)
- 2002 could be a domain user

How

I expect that phones don't need to implement all the PSTN dialplan of
the world :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>