[Kamailio-Users] Secure VoIP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Feb 26 21:43:32 CET 2009

El Jueves, 26 de Febrero de 2009, Aymeric Moizard escribió:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > Running an IP-based service without a good managed DNS server does not
> > sound good for me. It is not expensive to get a proper one.
>
> Sure, but small business can't become their own "*small*" SIP provider
> because managing DNS for SIP is not as fast(automatic) as for mail.

Again, I consider that a SIP provider (even if small) should manage its own
DNS server.

The problem could arise if a SIP provider allows its clients having their own
domain for SIP, this is, client "francebank.fr" wants SIP accounts
like "sip:info at francebank.fr".
Most probably, that domain would be managed by the client itself of by other
domains provider/ISP. In this case is more difficult to play with NAPTR/SRV
records since it doesn't depend just on the SIP provider.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo