[Kamailio-Users] openser not distributing to all DNS SRV entries

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 25 11:15:16 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Brian wrote:
> I have a SRV setup with three equal priority entries and equal weights. I
> expected openser (version 1.3.3) to distribute the INVITE requests equally
> to all 3 hosts, but it seems that all requests are forwarded to only one
> host.

Hi Brian,

in OpenSER 1.3.x this is a know issue. If you've several SRV records with the
same wight, then the requests are not forwarded equally to all of them. If i
remember correctly it just uses the one that is returned from the DNS server
first.

This is fixed in kamailio 1.4.X and also the upcoming 1.5.0 release, it will
choose randomly from all SRV records.

Cheers,

Henning