[Kamailio-Users] dialog enhancements #1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:20:10 CET 2009

Hello,

during the week before freezing the code for release kamailio (openser)
1.5.0, I have added several enhancements to the dialog module. I am
going to present them in several emails, as I get the documentation
properly updated.

There is now a new function called dlg_bridge(From, To, outbound_proxy).
It can be used to connect From and To users. The mechanism is a simple
call transfer scenario.

kamailio => INVITE (hold) =>From
kamailio <= 200ok <= From
kamailio => REFER (To) =>From
kamailio <= 200ok <= From
 From => INVITE ... =>To
kamailio => BYE =>From
kamailio <= 200ok <= From

The function can be called from configuration file or via MI interface.
It opens the door for several cute features you can do with the sip
server. Here are couple of usage examples:
- easy integration with web/external applications for Click-To-Dial.
Doing it with kamctl will look loke:

kamctl fifo dlg_bridge sip:from at kamailio.org sip:to at kamailio.org

- wake up/reminder/scheduled call - use rtimer module to run scheduled
calls - you can connect your user to a media server playing a message,
to a conference room or where the user sets its preference

- call again - when a user is calling a busy destination, when that
destination becomes available, the server can initiate the call to
connect the caller with the destination

Documentation is available at:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/dialog.html

Daniel-Constantin Mierla