[Kamailio-Users] New module : PURPLE - IM/Presence multi-protocol gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:10:50 CET 2009

On 02/03/2009 11:50 AM, Eric PTAK wrote:
> I agree with Klaus,
>
> We should let people try purple module for one release in order to get
> more feedback before removing old modules.
well, that is fine. I wanted to see if someone is using the jabber
module. To set it up is a bit more complex: install jabber server with
transports to other IM networks. With purple is a bit more simple,
install the library with transport plugins.

I haven't seen any discussion about that module for quite a while, and
IIRC it was proposed for removal on other times in the past. I wrote the
module, but I haven't maintained/used it for years. At that time xmpp
was draft, not sure if it follows the standard - it is not using an xmpp
library, just a xml one.  I do not plan to spend more time with it. If
someone finds it useful and wants to take over the maintenance is very
welcome.

> Eric.

>     Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>         [...]
>         The purple module should offer same functionality, with a
>         better underlaying library.
>

>     I would keep the old module and remove it for next release (if
>     nobody argues)
>
>     klaus

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com