[Kamailio-Users] New module : PURPLE - IM/Presence multi-protocol gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:12:21 CET 2009

On 02/02/2009 10:30 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> first let me join the welcome group and thank for your contribution.
>>
>> Now as I we got this in trunk, probably we should remove the old
>> jabber module -- is anyone using the jabber module? I haven't touch
>> that code for long time, not sure it still works.
>>
>> The purple module should offer same functionality, with a better
>> underlaying library.
>
> I would keep the old module and remove it for next release (if nobody
> argues)
IIRC, the module was proposed couple of time for obsolete/removal. There
is also xmpp module that does simple-xmpp and now purple module can do
more that jabber module.

At the end does not bother to still have it, but if it is not maintained
and not used at all, it stays useless in the source code.

> klaus
>

>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 01/29/2009 03:37 PM, Eric PTAK wrote:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> Let me introduce to you a new module, available in trunk since
>>> yesterday, so it will be included in 1.5.0 release :
>>>
>>> From http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/purple.html:
>>>
>>> /Purple module is a multi-protocol instant-messaging gateway module
>>> which use libpurple, the library on bottom of Pidgin (ex-gaim)./
>>> /This plugin was wrote in order to proof the concept of gateway
>>> between SIP and MSN/Live networks./
>>> /[...]/
>>> /It's no really adapted to a production environment with a huge user
>>> count but can be used in order to demonstrate the concept or to use
>>> it in SOHO environment./
>>>
>>> I hope you'll enjoy purple module, and I'll welcome all feedbacks.
>>>
>>> Eric.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com