[Serusers] Ser2.1.0.

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Dec 23 21:26:22 CET 2009

On Dec 14, 2009 at 23:51, Ale?? Podskalsk?? <ales.podskalsky at circletech.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to install the newest snapshot of the Ser (version 2.1.0+cvs20091126).
> Server has been instaled correctly, but I can't add new user to the database.
> I noticed that serctl was  changed with new tool called sercmd. With this tool
> I should be able to create new user using appropriate command, but I can't
> find some help for it.

sercmd does not replace serctl. sercmd is used to interact with the
running ser (from various statistics to changing config options at
runtime). It doesn't know anything about adding users to a DB.

sercmd version has now some docs:
http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=blob;f=utils/sercmd/README;h=1c9c823071bda41fd3bc34413f40c13845eac370;hb=HEAD

> So my question is, if this version is unable for normal use by then, or if I
> can fill user data in some another way and how.

Try serctl :-) It's now separate from ser:
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ser/serctl/
or
http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/serctl/daily-snapshots/

AFAIK it should work with 2.1 too.