[Serusers] [sr-dev] Memory leak issue

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Wed Dec 2 10:37:50 CET 2009

On Dec 02, 2009 at 09:52, Piyush.Bansal at relianceada.com <Piyush.Bansal at relianceada.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>         I'm using SER version 2.0.0-rc1 as a SIP server and in that facing
> lot of memory leaks issue. I'm not able to enable the memory logs in SER.
> Can anybody help me identifying memory leaks or tell me how to enable
> memlogs so that I myself will try removing all the leaks...
> Plz help me ASAP, its urgent...

Add to the cfg:
memlog=1
memdbg=1

(warning: memdbg=1 will produce lots of logging information and might
cause some slowdowns).

Also make sure you have memory debugging support compiled in:
 if ./ser -V |grep F_MALLOC  returns anything or
  ./ser -V|grep DBG_QM_MALLOC returns nothing, then
edit Makefile.defs, search for the DEFS+= line, add -DDBG_QM_MALLOC
, make sure that -DF_MALLOC is removed or commented out and recompile
 (make proper; make all).

If you suspect a memory leak, stop ser after it happens (killall -TERM
ser) and look in the log for qm_status. After qm_status you should see a
memory still-in-use at exit summary for each process (each one starting
with qm_status) and the shared memory. You could send that log part to
me (or the whole log) and I'll have a look.

Why do you think there is a memory leak? Do you see some allocation
failures in the log? Is it related to the shared memory or the
per-process private memory?

Andrei