[SR-Users] PerlVDB Usage

Wed Dec 9 00:24:08 CET 2009

Bruce McAlister wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are looking to integrate SIPRouter/Kamailio into our existing
> infrastructure. Currently we have a sip proxy and registrar that handles
> registration and routing.
>
> The main issue we have with integrating SIPRouter/Kamailio into our
> environment is that the table structure for kamailio's tables are vastly
> different to our existing database tables.
>
> We have several application built around our current database structure
> so I think it is fair to assume that we will be forced to use the
> existing structures.

Hi Bruce!

Maybe you can solve it by a mixture of kamailio tables and your tables
format. For example, "location" table is purely for Kamailio to store
location of registered client - thus integration with other systems is
often not needed. On the other hand, the "subscriber" table (user
provisioning) is often already present in different format.

I previously used Kamailio's location table for registration handling,
but instead of Kamailio's subscriber/user-avps/domain/db_aliases/...
table I used views which map the existing provisioning DB-structure to
Kamailio's structure (e.g. subscriber/domain/db_aliases are usually only
read-only - so it easy to make views).

regards
klaus