[SR-Users] PerlVDB Usage

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Tue Dec 8 14:36:08 CET 2009

Hi All,

We are looking to integrate SIPRouter/Kamailio into our existing
infrastructure. Currently we have a sip proxy and registrar that handles
registration and routing.

The main issue we have with integrating SIPRouter/Kamailio into our
environment is that the table structure for kamailio's tables are vastly
different to our existing database tables.

We have several application built around our current database structure
so I think it is fair to assume that we will be forced to use the
existing structures.

I had a look at perlvdb which seems to do what I had in plan, where the
table structure is transparent to kamailio. so for example, when a
registration request comes in and we then authenticate the user and want
to save the location, could we use the perlvdb module to intercept the
save and manipulate it so that it inserts/updates/reads data from a
table structure that is different to what it is expecting?

I've been trying to find an example of how to use perlvdb but have been
unsucessfull in my google searches and mailing list searches.

Does anyone have an example of how to use the perlvdb module?

Thanks
Bruce