[SR-Users] Build Error for v3.0.0-rc2 (2009-12-03_3ed668) on Solaris

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Dec 3 18:25:47 CET 2009

On Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009, Bruce McAlister wrote:
> I am trying to build Kamailio v3.0.0 RC2 on Solaris 10 (note: *not*
> OpenSolaris), but I have been faced with a couple issues I hope you can
> help me with.
>
> The first issue has to do with GNU as (/usr/sfw/bin/gas), there appears
> to be a check somewhere for what I assume to be the version number of
> the GNU assembler. When the make is running "/usr/sfw/bin/gas -V" it
> just hangs at this point with the following output from make:
> [..]
> If you need any further information please dont hesitate to ask, any
> help in resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Bruce,

it seems that Andrei did a few solaris specific fixes recently, this one
0f7ec046ce88202 - makefile: fix assembler detection on solaris

Assembler test waited forever for input (missing /dev/null input
redirection for as -V).

looks at it fits to your problem. This is probably not yet included in the -
rc2 version, perhaps you can try the sr_3.0 branch until it a new -rc has been
releases.

Regards,

Henning