[Kamailio-Users] kam 1.5 dispatcher priority usage

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 12:54:30 CET 2009

Hello,

On 11/6/09 9:54 PM, Robert McGilvray wrote:

>> That's exactly what it does.  Obviously, it is relevant only to
>> certain distribution strategies/algorithms.
>>
> I misstated that a bit. I'm interested in more of a weighting system
> similar to that in SRV records. I'd still like to balance the load
> across the lesser gateways just have a higher ratio go to gateway X.
>
> I'm using callid hashing and the priority field seems to be ignored. It
> does change the ordering in which the gateways are listed so I guess it
> works with first destination but that would only give failover. Is there
> a algorithm + priority combination that will do what I want?

as Alex said, priority helps with algorithm 8 (selection of first entry)
-- because with database is hard to predict the order of returned
records of a select, priority ensures that the destination with highest
priority is the first in dispatcher group list.

If you want to send 1/3 traffic to A and 2/3 traffic to B, you can add
the address of B two times in destination set.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/