[Kamailio-Users] Add a module's file descriptor to the main loop

Olivier Détour chino540off+kamailio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:57:31 CET 2009

2009/12/8 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> On 12/8/09 12:27 PM, Olivier Détour wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to create a new module. This module has to read an
>> external file descriptor
>
> read from where? Is it at startup time or at runtime?
>

>>  and call
>> a callback.
>
> Execute the callback when something comes on FD?

I have a FD from a socket. If a SIP message comes, it writes on the FD.
But I don't wait for the response. I have to be notified of a response
on this socket.
Is it possible to add a fd and a callback in an internal polling process without
a fork (I want to avoid problems of communication between original process
and the child) ?

Regards,

--
Olivier Détour