[Kamailio-Users] ERROR:tm:add_uac: maximum number of branches exceeded

alex pappas rebel.pappas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:10:04 CET 2009

Hello there,

I'm using dispatcher to serial fork a call through many gateways.
For a call to number 2XXXXXXXXX , first a try to connect through gateways
A,B,C after that D,F , after that E,R , after that M,N and finally after
those K,L.

When the call is trying gateway N then I'm getting the ERROR:tm:add_uac:
maximum number of branches exceeded.

I found on internet that I'm exceeding the MAX_BRANCHES:

branch=t->nr_of_outgoings;
	if (branch==MAX_BRANCHES) {
		LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR:tm:add_uac: maximum number of branches exceeded\n");
		ret=E_CFG;
		goto error;
	}

>From a trace I got , I see that kamailio is sending to each
destination IP 8 INVITES and if there is no answer to that is
continuing with next destination gateway sending also there 8 INVITES.
When the number of INVITES is 52 then I get this error.

Does anyone can suggest a way to change the MAX_BRANCHES MAX number ?
Is is important to keep open the INVITEs from the first gateways
because is an LCR scenario and if I get an answer from these gateways
is important to complete through them.

Any help is apreciated

Thanks

Alexandros