[Kamailio-Users] LCR questions ( ping and flags columns )

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Aug 27 17:55:08 CEST 2009

Ricardo Martinez writes:

 > The first one is about the "ping" column in the gw table.  I guess this
 > column stores the "results" of execute a ping to the gateways in the
 > LCR.gw table isn't?.

i don't think that anything is stored in the column by the proxy.

 > So how this "ping" is executed? It is just a simple ICMP message? Or
 > maybe is an OPTIONS sip message to the gateway?.  I saw in the lcr_mod.c
 > file some ping_method, ping_interval variables, but in the README file
 > there is nothing about the "ping".  Could someone clarify this to me
 > this?

if i remember correctly, it is an options request.

in the first version of sip-router, pinging has been replaced by
a possibility to stop selecting a failing gw for a particular amount of
time.

 > Second.  In the mysql "gw" table there is a column called "flags".
 > According to the README file it said that this column can store gateways
 > "capabilities".  For example, and I hope that someone could guide me
 > here, can i store the maximum channels available per gateway?, and use
 > it to select or not select a gateway according the gateway channels
 > used?.

gateway selection algorithm does not take in account the flags.  they
are just stored into an avp when a particular gw has been selected.  for
example, you can use the flags to tell, in which header field it expect
to receive uri of the caller.

-- juha