[Kamailio-Users] What happens with filled htables?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Aug 26 16:11:08 CEST 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> could be possible to do this way, but the number of slots has to be
> initialized at startup. Unlike in other cases, here the hash table is in
> shared memory, each slot being protected by a mutex to prevent access
> conflicts.

While it would be nice to have the table dynamically resize itself at
runtime, it is not necessary.  All I was suggesting was a wrapper around
the process of iterating through a serialised data structure and
re-hashing the keys=>values.  The table can still be fixed-size.  It's
really just serialisation/deserialisation that is the essence of the
request.

Setting the size on the deserialising end in a way appropriate to the
required performance characteristics can still be up to the user.

> Might be better to create a issue on the tracker collecting these ideas
> -- as time allows, somebody may contribute.

Will do.  Is the htable code fairly simple?  I might contribute.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems