[Kamailio-Users] DIVERSION or UAC_REDIRECT or BOTH

Omar Mendoza omar at 321communications.com
Sun Aug 23 16:52:07 CEST 2009

I got confused:

Using Kamailio 1.4.3

uac_redirect is been used to handle diversion, also the draft expired
there is anew one http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levy-sip-
diversion-10, is this used together with the diversion module, or no
need at all.

or is diversion module when you have customers registered in your
system?

I am do not have phones registered in my system at all, i use mainly
the CR module, and i need to allow diversion headers.
which one to use, or both?!

Also i am scare to use the diversion due the CDRs will create a new
record for that, who i will charge the call for?! :)

and if i use UAC_REDIRECT should i be able to use the avp $dip and the
following, from ROUTE to add to the accounting?
Diversion header URI

$di - reference to Diversion header URI

Diversion "privacy" parameter

$dip - reference to Diversion header “privacy” parameter value

Diversion "reason" parameter

$dir - reference to Diversion header “reason” parameter value

O the Great