[Kamailio-Users] LCR Private Memory

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Apr 30 15:46:29 CEST 2009

On Donnerstag, 30. April 2009, Stagg Shelton wrote:
> I am working to get LCR implemented on my migration system, and when I
> try to start kamailio i find the below information in the log file,
> and kamailio fails to start. My lcr table has 30667 rows in it.

Hi Stagg,

in cr we had the same issue in the past, we solved it by partioning the data
probably Juha know here more. What probably happens is that the lcr module try
to load all data at once, and storing it temporarly in private memory.

> I have read about changing the config.h file to increase the private
> memory, but my question is how much should I allocate. I forsee
> going up to more than 200,000 routes within the next 12 month period.
>
> ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_convert_rows: error while converting row #2808

This suggest that it needs about 1MB of memory to load 2800 rules. So for 200k
rules you'd need about 72 MB private memory, but not sure if its can be
calculated this way.

Cheers,

Henning