[Kamailio-Users] NAT & Branching in Parallel Forking Scenarios

Brandon Armstead brandon at cryy.com
Fri Apr 17 19:45:02 CEST 2009

Hello Guys,

    Going to say thanks for any input ahead of time.  My question is
currently we may have a scenario where we have a client using several UAC's
registered to the same username.  Now what I've seen is that sometimes one
endpoint of User A may be NATed, another may be public.  This seems to be
causing some call flow control issues in a sense for when we handle for NAT
/ vs NOT NAT, at the time of a request and all of this is in parallel being
handled.

Example Scenario.

User A calls User B -- (both internal).

User B has end points X (NAT), Y(PUBLIC), and Z(NAT).

So a call is being branched to X, Y, and Z in parallel.  Now we
fix_nated_contact for endpoint X, next we go to Y, however we've already
fixed_nated_contact, thus this call is deemed bad, and then Z continues.

Any thoughts / examples / suggestions for these types of scenarios?  This is
just an example one, one particular case where issues we have seen is more
like follows:

PSTN Calls User B (external to internal)

User B has the same previous end points (X,Y,Z) + (PSTN End Points that we
are adding in parallel to fork to).

Same type issue, same type scenario.

The end result of the issues are lack of audio, mis routed contacts, etc.

So any help and input is appreciated, thanks!