[Kamailio-Users] Lumps again

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:56:55 CEST 2009

On 04/17/2009 03:13 PM, Alex Hermann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i got bitten by the lumps mess again. I can understand the lump concept makes
> a bit of sense if requests are just passing though a proxy, but nowadays
> Kamailio obtains more and more UA functionality where it is completely
> unappropriate.
>
> How do I store a modified PUBLISH body? I change it with subst_body() before
> calling handle_publish() but ofcourse the original body is stored by the
> presence UA.
>
> Is there currently a method to store a modified body? (apart from looping the
> message back to myself)
>
> Would implementing an apply_lumps() function or something like that be very
> difficult?

for Kamailio as an end point (e.g., presence server), it really makes
sense. I have this in mind for some time.

It is not that difficult to apply the lumps, then it requires to reset
the parser state. The delicate part is to review whether there are parts
of code that store references inside the message in global variables
between calls of different functions, AFAIK, this is not common at all,
most of functions get the content via parser interface.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/