[Kamailio-Users] NONCE_REUSED return code

catalina oancea catalina.oancea at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:07:21 CEST 2009

Hello,

Does anybody know in which situation the NONCE_REUSED return code for
www_authenticate would appear? I understand the usage of the
STALE_NONCE code, this is when the nonce expires and the servers sends
a new nonce to the phone. But why is the NONCE_REUSED used and why
does it occur sometimes? Should I reject or accept the registration
when this code appears?

typedef enum auth_result {
        AUTH_ERROR = -5,    /* Error occurred, a reply has not been sent out */
        NO_CREDENTIALS,     /* Credentials missing */
        STALE_NONCE,        /* Stale nonce */
        INVALID_PASSWORD,   /* Invalid password */
        USER_UNKNOWN,       /* User non existant */
        ERROR,              /* Error occurred, a reply has been sent out -> */
                            /* return 0 to the openser core */
        AUTHORIZED,         /* Authorized. If returned by pre_auth, */
                            /* no digest authorization necessary */
        DO_AUTHORIZATION,   /* Can only be returned by pre_auth. */
    NONCE_REUSED        /* Returned if nonce is used more than once */
                            /* Means to continue doing authorization */
} auth_result_t;

Many thanks,
Catalina Oancea