[Kamailio-Users] LCR Configuration Confirmation

Geoffrey Mina geoffreymina at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 22:08:41 CEST 2009

A couple of other questions regarding LCR.  Hopefully they are all
simple.  I read the overview and exported method docs and didn't find
100% definitive answers to any of this:

1 - If I have 2 gateways with the same group id and the same weight,
will the LCR module route in a round-robin fashion between them, or
will each request try one of them first and then use the other as a
failover.  (i believe it's round-robin, but i could be wrong)

2 - If I have 2 gateways that have a longer length match, and one that
has a default match i.e

prefix                  group_id
1555555              1
1                        2

gateway_name     group_id
carrier1-A             1
carrier1-B             1
carrier2                 2

Would the following scenario hold true if I tried to dial 15555551212?

--> next_gw() from REQUEST_ROUTE
--> route to carrier1-A
    --> carrier1-A returns a 503
    --> next_gw() from FAILURE_ROUTE