[Kamailio-Users] Presence server (acive and stand-bye setup)

Thu Sep 18 09:41:06 CEST 2008

Yoo Chan Jeon schrieb:
> Hi,
> I just start to use the Openser as the presence server.
> I tested with the eyebeam. The server saved the presentity information
> to the MySQL server.
> It worked well.
> I have questions.
> I would like to setup two presence servers. One is active, and the other
> is stand-bye.
> If the active is down,  the client  sends a message to the stand-bye.
> How does the presence server  know that it is active or stand-bye?
> How do I set it up?
> How do I replicate the database between servers?
> If the active is down, how do I make it up running again?

You have to decide if it is hot-standby or cold standby. Mostly
cold-standby is used. That means only one SIP proxy is running. The SIP
proxy is using a virtual IP address. If the proxy fails (or the hardware
fails) the standby server will detect this, will configure the virtual
interface and start the SIP proxy. Take a look at "heartbeat" and
"ultramonkey".

If you are using hat standby, you configure the "fallback2db" option and
either
- use a single database
- use 2 databases with master-master replication
- use a mysql cluster

regards
klaus