[Kamailio-Users] Issues with routing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:50:44 CEST 2008

On 09/17/08 18:13, Jon Farmer wrote:

>     the 200 ok is correct and seem to be relayed to asterisk, the
>     missing part is in the capture filter - the communication between
>     asterisk and openser is done via loopback I guess, as I don't see
>     the invite from asterisk to openser neither the 200 ok from
>     openser to asterisk. If you are using ngrep give the parameter "-d
>     any" to get the traffic on all network interfaces.
>

> OK well here is the trace with the "-d any" option. Basically when
> X-Lite answers the call it hangs up immediately at both ends.
now all the sip messages are in the trace. Very interesting is that the
200ok has the Contact header address with hostname, not with IP and
port, which is very unusual for sip. Is the way x-lite is building the
reply?

You should do record-routing/route handling in openser, so all the
messages within a dialog pass through openser. I see the ACK is going
from asterisk to openser, and then seems to be dropped by openser,
perhaps you have some logic to do that in your config.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com