[Kamailio-Users] project updates

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:56:28 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

just want to give some updates concerning two main topics. First,
regarding the project name, many expressed the concern that a rename in
short time will create more confusion. As we are not in front of a new
major release, I think it is better to postpone this process for a while
and focus on the second topic, the organization for the project.

For this one, I have to thank personally to many people from the list
that wrote us, giving suggestions and helping finding solutions. As a
result, we are working to create the draft of statute for organization,
but we are also investigating the option to join an existing
organization, dedicated to hosting of open source projects. We will keep
you updated.

Meanwhile, the svn repository got couple of new features as well as
refactoring of some modules. 1.4.1 will be released soon as we got a
bunch of important fixes in the 1.4 branch. Most probably another
release in 1.3 branch will follow.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com