[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

DanB danb at sms4sip.com
Fri Sep 5 11:35:20 CEST 2008

Adrian,

here is what came into my mind at a glance.

There should be a billing daemon monitoring the calls. Not sure how it
should be done with the help of dialog of openser (hope that nobody here
get's offended but maybe could use some ideas to implement the same
mechanism in *SER dialog module).
The module should be responsible of each single call passing through B2BUA.
The max-duration should be shared between the calls belonging to the same
account.
There should be two different actions done:
1. On disconnect of each call, update the rating engine with the disconnect
info, plus recalculate the maximum duration permitted on the account.
2. At regular intervals, update the max-duration of the calls belonging to
the same account based on balance left. When balance 0, disconnect all the
calls belonging to the same account.

Now, the entire scenario would be easier with the help of rating-engine.

Billing example:

1. Call starts: in auth phase rating_engine is queried. If balance is not 0,
the call will be authorized. No need anymore of maximum duration or account
locking, just balance left.
2. Billing Daemon of B2BUA will regularly update rating engine with the
information about active calls, therefore rating-engine will need to
recalculate the balance left and return it.
3. As soon as the rating engine will return balance 0, all the calls will be
disconnected.

The whole scenario involves a minimum risk of negative balance but it will
all depend on how often billing daemon updates call states into rating
engine.

Cheers,
DanB