[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Sep 5 11:00:04 CEST 2008

The problem with concurrent prepaid calls and single balance is that
you have to correlate between the call control and rating angine
somehow so that all calls terminate when balnce becomes zero. The
problem is a bit complex:

Example:

Balance = 10.
A call starts to destination XXX, for the sake of example max session
time = 2 minutes
After one minute, you start second call to destination YYY which has a
different price and your balance is not anymore 10 but depends on the
duration of the first call which is in progress.

What is the maximum session time for it given that the first call is
already in progress?
What should happen with the first call?

I am looking for suggestions on implementing a proper algorithm to
deal with this situation in the rating engine. If you have any I would
be glad to hear it.

Adrian