[Kamailio-Users] 302 redirect inside redirect

Kent Pirlo kentp at adbasesolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 00:12:50 CEST 2008

Ok,
  I am trying to get a redirect server working correctly, only cache is I need to hit another redirect server first, and grab info from the contact in the that 302 reply before processing and sending back a 300 to the original switch.

call flow would be something like this:

call comes into kamailio,

1)      kamailio sends the invite to another proxy(1),

2)       that  proxy returns a 302,(if it times out it moves on to step 5)

3)      kamailio sends an ACK back to that  proxy(1),

4)      kamailio looks at the contact header of the 302 reply,
                5)   depending on that info, I decide where to tell the originating switch where to go,
                5)    kamailio sends originating switch a 300 redirect with new contact header.
                6)   originating switch sends back ACK.

I have tried doing this with a  first step going to route(1) , which does a "t_on_reply" and "t_relay" to the second proxy.
                The onreply route, graps the contact saves it into variable and then sends to route(2),
                Route(2) looks at the variable, does some other lookups and sends t_reply("300","redirect").
                The switch then sends the ACK, but kamailio says its not a local ACK and ignores it..
                Then it keeps sending 300's back to the switch...

Please help.. Thanks in Advance.

kent