[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

DanB danb at sms4sip.com
Mon Sep 1 20:36:20 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM, <rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 01:28:16PM +0200, DanB wrote:
> > Is it? I would still consider B2BUA as a private case of SBC and it
> really
> > suits my scenario.
>
> Thats a matter of "visualization" .. :)
>
> > That's a case of using Yate only for this purpose, but what about if you
> use
> > Yate for h323/sip conversion and receive calls from other parties as
> well.
> > Do u think they cannot set such of header? Do u want to give to the end
> user
> > the possibility of controlling your softswitch by setting different
> headers?
>
> They can not, because H.323 does not allow "custom-headers" you could
> only use the "standar ones", H.323 it's a binary protocol, so no way
> to add customs headers and "magicatly" they appears on the UAS side.

H323 example was given just to point out the need of having the proxy opened
to the outside world and not only be behind openser/kamailio. The initial
idea we started from was that there is no need of ip acl protection since
Yate can sit behind a openser/kamailio. I said yes, but it can sit outside
as well.

> In our scenarios (only SIP), everyone MUST pass throught our SBC's so
> .. we control all headers that goes to the MG's
>
> We provide free accounts to our users, and each account is individual, so>
> each user will call at one moment in time from one account only (did not get
> > users complaining about that till now). CDRTool initial operation was
> > developed with this policy in mind. You can also use the non-locking
> feature
> > introduced recently but it's just a matter of your policy, I will stick
> > mine for the moment.
>
> So, in your system you only allow a user to do ONE call?, what
> happers if one "user" configure his account on a IP-PBX? you only
> allow him to do ONE call? no been able to do more than one call
> simultaneous? ... that's a dessing misstake from my point of view.

We are talking about openser prepaid here in a proxy scenario. I did not
involve any IP-PBX inside because if I would do then what's the point of my
prepaid system. Could be that I misunderstood your scenario, can u depict it
a bit more? Where should your user configure his ip-pbx account and why?

Cheers,
DanB